Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Brand New Year

 A new year has started and it's been great until that deep freeze came in!!  Brrrrr, seriously! I would first like to reflect back on the last month as I am a bit behind on my blogging.  We had a wonderful Christmas filled with presents, family and yummy turkey dinners.  McKinley couldn't get enough of opening presents.  He was more excited just ripping presents open as apposed to seeing what was inside.  I think next year I will just wrap some empty boxes! (And a bonus to that will be saving money, which is always good.)   Gabriella really enjoyed her first Christmas.  She was really caught up in McKinley's excitement.  It was such a joy to watch her grab at all the presents and giggling at all the toys she got.  She's such a girl!   All that excitement did get to her though.  We had to put her down for a nap before we could continue opening presents.  The biggest surprise present that I got this year was a new Mac Desktop.  I love it!  I also got a new digital rebel camera with manuals to properly use it!  I needed a nice one and I hope my pictures come out looking better.  McKinley got some nice flames hockey sticks, a flames jersey that he calls "Hockey Day" when he puts it on and we also got him a stuffed Buzz and Woody.  These have become his new favourite toy and show to watch too. (We watch toy story 1-3 at least 15 times a day.  Drives me crazy!)  Val got a 3D TV and he also got a new Air soft gun.  This has become his new hobby.  (Plus side..............we can defend ourselves with plastic balls??)







I wanted to put up a craft that I was making my older brother and sister-in-law for Christmas, but I couldn't put it up until now.  I had so much fun making it.  I got this idea from my friend who got it off Pinterest.  If you don't know what Pinterest is, google it and you'll be hooked!  It took me two days to make this.  After all the kinks and burning my hand every now and then, it turned out great!






 I made it out of cardboard, insulation, black ribbon, mod podge and a hot glue gun.  I printed the pictures 4x6 size.  Then I just started making a collage affect and cutting the pictures to fit the S shape.  I plan to make one for my home since it turned out so nicely.  I also made a "DAD" collage for Val as a present but used wood from Walmart instead.  I folded the pictures over the edges instead of using ribbon and I loved how it came out.



Kicking off January I decided to get back into dance!  I signed up for Contemporary, Ballet and Hip Hop.  So far I love the classes that just started this week and I haven't forgotten as much as I thought I did.  It was like riding a bike again after taking a break and it just felt right!  I missed dance so much.  More then I thought I did.  Moving my body again through the different movements, made me feel like an artist again.  Painting a picture with my movement.
Coming up at the beginning of February, I will be certifying myself as a Zumba instructor for Good Life Fitness.  I'm really excited and can't wait to teach a class!  It's perfect for making some extra money and doesn't require me to stick my kids in daycare all day.  Free membership, free daycare and I get to pick my own hours!  I really have to thank my cousin Jenny for getting me a shoe into this.  If it wasn't for her, I probably wouldn't be doing this so thank Jenny!!  Val has been doing extremely well with work.  He's put in a lot of hours and works very hard.  Back on January 7th, we went to his Christmas Party.  It was nice to see everyone again, catch up and letting them know how motherhood was treating me. (I used to work with Val before the kids came)  McKinley has been one rambunctious character.  From pushing his independence to being a huge cuddle bug.   He's just growing so fast!!!  The things that come out of his mouth are just hilarious!! (Not always) Gabriella is just one talkative baby.  Her vocabulary consists of: Babababa, Dadadada, Mamama, and clicking, squealing, screaming noises.  She is crawling all over the place and pulling herself up on furniture. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with her.  Both of them, to be completely honest! 
Well, here's to a new year in experiencing new things, learning from past experiences and growing more and more each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment